Increase your farm's online presence with this new $5k grant

For my fellow direct marketing farmers: a new, easy to apply for, grant can help get your farm online or increase your presence online: Agri-Food Open for E-Business.

The grant aims to help farms quickly expand their marketing channels and respond to new market challenges, increase online sales and provide consumers with access to more local food. It is a grant of up to $5,000 and the project must be completed by November 30th, 2020.

We all have a “to do” list longer than our arms. This grant is a great opportunity to check a few items off that list like updating your website, implementing an online shop for CSA or one-off sales, taking professional photos of your farm people and products, increasing your reach on social media or with traditional print mediums (postcards, lawn signs, posters). All at no cost to the farmer except some time spent on paperwork.

Let me know if your farm could use some marketing help! I am a part-time vegetable farmer from Ottawa and have six years of solid marketing, web design, and graphic design experience. I can also help with the grant application should you choose to use my services. Reply here or send me an email directly at dmg@fastmail.com to chat.

Happy spring!

1 Like