Mount Wolfe Farm is a family-run ecological vegetable farm located on 70 wooded acres just north of Bolton, Ontario. We work primarily from a CSA (community supported agriculture) and Farmers market business model. We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced person to join our team as Assistant Field Manager with plans to transition to Field Manager in 1 year. If the following criteria apply to you, please send us your resume and a cover letter.
- At least 6 months of farming experience, organic preferred.
- Possess valid drivers license and/or has access to reliable transportation.
- Interested in long-term employment in a management position (2+ seasons)
- Physically capable of manual labour and working outdoors for long periods
- Committed to cultivating healthy interpersonal relationships with coworkers
- Enthusiastic about contributing to a resilient local food system
- Fluent in the English Language
- Farmers Market/Customer Service experience valuable but not essential
- Experience with livestock, especially chickens, valuable but not essential
- Tractor & ATV driving experience valuable but not essential
- General building/mechanical experience valuable but not essential
This position is seasonal and would consist of 4-5 days a week from May-November with potential for part time off-season employment. Mount Wolfe Farm strives to pay a living wage to all employees and therefore compensation will be $14.00/hr. - $14.25/hr. commensurate on experience and with room for future wage increase reflecting commitment & contribution.
We look forward to hearing from you! please email email@example.com or call Sarah at 519 400 9213
The Mount Wolfe Farm Team